Urban Land & Housing Group – Tenant Tips – If some of my possessions are destroyed in a fire at my rental property will the Landlord pay for them?

As the tenant, it is your responsibility to insure your own personal belongings. This is usually under contents insurance which is the tenants responsibility.
The owner is responsible for insuring the fixtures and fittings included in the property at the time of letting, as well as the premises.

If you don’t have home contents insurance for your belongings, you will need to bear the cost of replacing your possessions.

We highly recommend that each tenant has contents insurance to protect their belongings.

If you need any help please give me a call.

Thanks Rach

Posted in Tenant Tips, Uncategorized on 30th March, 2012 | No Comments »

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *