Urban Land & Housing Group – Landlord Tips – What type of termination notices are there?
There are various types of termination notices and which one should be used depends on the reason for ending the tenancy.
1. Non Payment Of Rent – This termination notice is used when a tenant has fallen 14 days or more in their rent
2. Breach of term of the agreement – This termination notice is used if the tenant has breached one of the term in the lease (ie They have a pet that wasn’t approved in the lease)
3. Sale of premises – This termination notice is used if the landlord has sold the property and should only be issued once contracts have officially exchanged
4. Termination of Periodic Agreement – This termination is used if you wish to get the property back off the tenant on no grounds (ie you might want the property back to renovate or to move in yourself etc)
5. End of fixed term – This termination notice is used to end the current lease once it is due to expire
6. Frustration of Residential Tenancy Agreement – This termination notice is used to end a lease where the property has become inhabitable (ie there was a flood at the property and the house is now unable to be lived in)
Please note that there is different notice periods depending on the notice you are serving and 4 business days postage must also be included.
This is another example of why it is the safest option to have your property managed through an agency 🙂
If you need any help please give me a call